|What is Zonta International?Founded in Buffalo, New York, USA, in 1919, Zonta International is a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women through service and advocacy.What does Zonta International do?
- Improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health, and professional status of women through service and advocacy.
- Work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- Promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Unite internationally to foster high ethical standards, implement service programs, and provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
How does Zonta International advance the status of women?
- Lead advocacy efforts and act to improve the lives of women.
- Promote strategies to prevent violence against women.
- Fund scholarships and awards for women of exceptional ability and talent through the Zonta International Foundation.
- Support programs aimed at improving women’s health, safety, and economic and political status through funding by the Zonta International Foundation.
- Encourage mentorship, friendship, and networking among members.
To learn about Zonta International, visit www.zonta.org